LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR MARRIAGE WITH VIETNAMESE CITIZENS IN VIETNAM
A U. S. resident, seeking to get married in Vietnam, may submit in person or by mail documents for marriage registration to the Consulate General for legalization before bringing them to Vietnam for Application at Department of Justice at Provincial Authorities. HI-TEK can provide services for US resident as instruction by:
I. A Regular Dossier to be authenticated at the Consulate includes:
4. Certificate of Good Mental Health issued by an authorized medical institution, confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or mentally sound for marriage, and is fully conscious of his/her own actions.
NOTE: Before being sent to the Consulate for legalization, the above-mentioned documents (# 1,2,4,5,6 and 7) must be certified by a Notary Public or equivalent public authorities (document # 3 is regularly issued by the Registrar or Court ‘s Clerk) and the signatures of the Notary Public or Registrar or Court’s Clerk must be certified by the State Department (or its Office of Authentication) of the State where the applicant resides or where the Notary Public is lisensed. The Consulate can certify only the signatures of the State-level Secretary of State.
II. Divorced and Widowed Applicants: In addition to the 6 above-listed documents:
– Divorcees are required to submit an Authenticated Judgment of Divorce (Notarized/Certified and Authenticated by Secretary of State);
– Widows are to submit a Authenticated Copy of the Death Certificate of his/her deceased spouse (Notarized/Certified and Authenticated by Secretary of State).
III. Power of Attorney for Submission of Application:
The non-Vietnamese party can, with a Power of Attorney , entrust his/her fiancé(e) to submit the application package. The power of attorney is required to be authenticated by the Consulate after it has been certified by (1) Notary Public, and (2) the State-level Secretary of State.
If all the documents are notarized by ONE Notary Public, it is requested that only ONE authentication of Secretary of State is needed for all his/her signatures.
IV. Fees: can be paid by MONEY ORDERS / CASHIER’S CHECKS to HI-TEK INC.
V. Turn-around of Documents:
1. You can submit the document by mail or in-person (9449 Balboa Ave, Suite 103, San Diego, CA 92123, USA).
– Regular turn-around time is 3-5 business days.
– Self-stamped and addressed return envelope (if applicants want to receive visa by mail). To avoid losses during delivery, it is advised to use certified mail of FEDEX / USPS / UPS with tracking number for your easy tracking. We shall not be responsible for any missing documents due to your choice of using uncertified mails (FEDEX Ground and UPS Ground are considered as uncertified mails).
2. You also have an option to request for same-day processing of your documents. Extra fees will be applied for such request.
@ For further information, please contact the Visa-Exemption Section, at
9449 Balboa Ave, Suite 103, San Diego, CA 92123